Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Post Pregnancy

It has been a little over a week since we had our sweet Elizabeth, and that week went so fast.  I can't believe how fast it went and that we made it through everything that week.  As we have been home recovering from everything there are some things that I have noticed that is hard for me. One as I look in the mirror it is so hard to see that I don't have a tummy anymore and Elizabeth isn't inside kicking me.  I have to take a double take because it seems like forever since I didn't have a tummy. Most the time you get home from the hospital and are waiting for your stomach to go down but I wasn't and when it did I was sad.  I am back down to the weight I was before my first appointment and I normally would be glad but I am not. I miss my baby and even though I was big and uncomfortable she was with me. I am glad that I do have the c-section scar that will always remind me of Elizabeth, I know that seems weird, but I am so proud to have carried her and been chosen as her mother that I am proud of that scar and hope I will be forever.  Here is a song that I used at her funeral service that is how I feel about carrying my sweet Elizabeth.  Thanks to another mother who lost her child who posted this song because it touched my heart and has been a healing song for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment